Florida Alligator Hunt
7 Days a Week, Year-round
Choose From Three Different Size-ranges!
4 to 6 FootGreat for Leather!
6 to 9 FootThe Perfect Fit!
9 to 12 FootTrophy Worthy!
Includes private guide, skinning, loaner weapons, vehicle or vessel, and guarantee.
Friends and family can watch for $20!
Bring your friends and family along to participate in the excitement of your alligator hunt as “non-hunters” for only $20 per person. Non-hunters get to ride on the buggy, take photos, and be part of your adventure—they just don’t kill anything!
Why Hunt with Us
Ron’s Guide Service is the top choice for residents and non-residents for an exciting fully guided alligator hunt, year round.
Keep your eyes open as you cruise along the swampy banks with your knowledgable guide. Your journey doesn’t end until you’re face to scales with a vicious Florida alligator!
No Hidden Fees
Know what you’re getting! With our transparent pricing you know exactly what’s included in your experience—and what isn’t. When it comes to the outdoors there are enough surprises creeping up on you—hidden fees shouldn’t be one of them!
Daytime Delights & Nighttime Frights
Choose a sunny daytime alligator hunt or a spooky nighttime alligator hunt—all for one low price!
Daytime Alligator Hunt
Navigate sunny trails beneath a canopy of swaying trees and discover a mecca of alligators in various sizes.
Nighttime Alligator Hunt
Journey into the moon lit wilds of Central Florida, where alligators both big and small await your arrival amid the mystifying shadows of the lush brush.
Know exactly what your experience includes.
Get hands-on attention from your experienced guide as he assists you in every aspect of your private alligator hunt. Beginners, experienced, kids, grandpas—everyone is welcome!
Receive basic skinning of your alligator from our friends at Florida Trophy Gators inc.—a local alligator skinning, processing, and taxidermy facility in the town of Okeechobee.
Choose from a variety of weapons perfect for alligator hunting. All of our weapons are kept on-site for easy weapon selection on the day of your hunt.
Vehicle or Vessel
Kick up mud in a good old-fashioned pickup truck or glide along narrow canals on an airboat.
No Tags Needed
Did you know If you consider participating in the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s lottery system for public land hunts, the cost of the tag—if you are selected—is over $1,000.00—not including boat rentals or guides! Public land hunts come with a lot of restrictions. The only weapon allowed is a bang stick and you’re competing with 3,999 other alligator tag holders!
Remember it's a Size-range!
Expect the smallest size alligator in your size-range and you will not be disappointed if you get something bigger! For example, choose the 6-9 foot size range if you will be happy with a 6 foot alligator. It is impossible for us to guarantee an exact size alligator as so little of the animal is showing above water. Your guide will look at the distance from the eyes to the tip of the snout to estimate length. Typically, the longer that distance is, the bigger the gator will be. If you have your heart set on an exact size alligator then, unfortunately, we are not the right guide service for you. Look for outfitters that price alligators individually by size instead of a size range.
Florida Size Record
A large adult alligator can weigh as much as 1000 pounds and can live for decades. The longest alligator on record was killed deep in a Louisiana swamp by E. A. McLlhenny in the early 1900’s. The beast was too big to get out of the swamp so he estimated the animal’s length using his rifle. The alligator measured about 584 cm (19.1 ft). The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says the state’s record for length is a 14 foot, 3 ½ inch male alligator caught in Brevard County’s Lake Washington. The Florida record for weight is a 1,043 pound (13 feet 10-1/2 inches long) male alligator from Orange Lake in Alachua County.
Endless Weapon Choices
Rifles, and bows, and spears, OH MY! All perfect for alligator hunting!
Bring your favorite gun—or borrow ours! An alligator’s skin is like bullet-proof armor so a powerful firearm is essential. Rifles, handguns, and bangsticks all pack a deadly punch. Most shots are in the 5 to 15-yard range.
Draw back your inhibitions on a challenging alligator bow hunt! Bow hunting requires more accuracy than any other hunting style. Fiberglass muzzy fish tip arrows, a bow fitted with an AMS bow fishing rig kit, and a thirst for adventure is all you need!
Spear or Knife
Amp up your courage and awaken your quick reflexes on this up close and personal combat with an alligator. There is a small area known as the famous “quarter-sized kill spot” on the back of the alligator’s head—can you find it?
How to Hunt an Alligator
All Aboard for Adventure
Traverse the banks in a pickup truck, or glide through the canals in a boat as you and your guide search for alligator. We will try to honor your requests but it is at the guides discretion what vehicle or vessel you will be using during your experience.
Snag Something Wild!
Cast your line in anticipation in hopes of snagging an alligator. We use a heavy-duty rod similar to a fishing pole with a strong line and treble hook attached to it for alligator hunting. Keep your eyes on the water for a trail of bubbles—this indicates alligator activity. Once the alligator submerges, cast your line past the alligator and reel it in slowly. As the line gets closer to the alligator, pull the pole forcefully to snag it and follow with a burst of reeling. If you’re lucky you may be able to snag an alligator with just one cast—but it usually takes many more attempts!
Let The Fight Begin
Once you snag the alligator—it will begin to fight—sometimes thrashing violently under the water. Your goal is to get the alligator as close to the boat or land as possible. Eventually, the alligator gets tired and surfaces. Once the alligator surfaces you attack with your weapon—and without hesitation.
Make us part of your vacation! Our alligator hunting is only a short drive from popular Florida destinations such as Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and the Walt Disney World Resort.
In Venus, the only sounds are the wind rustling through the pines and the singing of birds. Our Venus, Florida hunting property is roughly 350 acres. Property features a walk-in cooler, modern barn with waiting room, indoor showers, and indoor bathrooms.
Fort Myers: 60 mi
Naples: 100 mi
Sarasota: 100 mi
Tampa: 125 mi
West Palm Beach: 110 mi
Alligators From Venus
Our alligator hunts are conducted in Venus, Florida, on a 70 acre private reservoir consisting of wetlands, small lakes, ponds, canals, and marsh which are prime alligator habitat. The alligators you will hunt vary from local residents to derelict dog killers and baby eaters brought to us for being a nuisance. Our experienced guides pre-scout and monitor the property daily to stay knowledgeable on the best spots.
Check availability and book online now! Instant confirmation!
Check availability and book online now! Instant confirmation!
Know Before You Go
We’re looking forward to your visit at Ron’s Guide Service. Please read through this important and helpful information about your experience, including arrival times, what to bring, and more.
- Every hunter must have an Alligator Farming Agent License. Visit our licenses page for more details.
- Hunters must be at least six years old.
- Non-hunters must be at least three years old.
- Guests under age 16 years must be accompanied by a person age 18 years or older.
- Helpful services and access options are available for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Guests should be in good health. Some experiences may not be appropriate for guests with health conditions.
Booking Your Experience
- Every guest must be reserved prior to arrival.
- Use our easy online booking system or call us at 863-866-7667 to submit your reservation deposit.
- We accept all major credit cards for reservation deposits.
- Reservations are not confirmed until a reservation deposit has been paid.
- If time allows, We are happy to accept last minute reservations. Please call us for reservations less than 24 hours in advance.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email with important details about your experience once your reservation deposit is made.
Choosing a Date
- We offer daytime and nighttime alligator hunting seven days a week, year-round.
- Many of our experiences sell out during winter holidays and spring break.
- Daytime Alligator Hunt: 9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM
- Nighttime Alligator Hunt: 9 PM – Only available for 4-6 foot or 6-9 foot ranges.
- Due to the nature of hunting we can’t precisely know how long your experience will last.
- Our alligator hunts typically last 2 to 4 hours.
- Your hunt is over once every hunter in your party has had the opportunity to hunt an alligator.
- Private guide.
- Loaner weapons.
- Vehicle or vessel.
What's NOT Included
- Alligator Farming Agent License. Visit our licenses page for more details.
- Gratuities. If you would like to tip your guide most tips range from 10-20% of the price of the service provided.
- Ammunition. Ammunition is available for loan or purchase at the hunting meeting location.
- Professional meat processing.
- Shipping services.
What to Bring
- Alligator Farming Agent License.
- Your balance due in cash.
- A 40 qt cooler or larger.
- Ice (two standard size bags).
- Drinking water.
- Bug repellant.
- Weapons (If you are not borrowing any of ours).
What to Wear
- Comfortable shirt.
- Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or boots.
- Camouflage is welcome, but not necessary.
The Day of Your Experience
- Each location is different so it is important to follow any special directions provided in your booking confirmation email.
- All guests are required to sign a standard hunting waiver upon arrival.
- Hunt occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning.
- Please leave rude behavior at home. If any of our staff feels you are being disruptive or disrespectful you will be asked to leave.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed to be consumed on or prior to your hunt. If you are unable to come sober, please don’t come.
After Your Experience
- Your guide will transport your alligator to Trophy Gators inc. shortly after your hunt.
- Florida Trophy Gators inc. will perform basic skinning of your alligator.
- Alligators are cold blooded and require several hours of cooling time before skinning. Your head, hide, and meat are typically ready for pickup the following day.
- If you’re in a hurry, Florida Trophy Gators inc. has a variety of trade in programs for alligator meat and hides. Contact them directly for details.
- Florida Trophy Gators inc. provides free taxidermy preparation for hunters using their taxidermy service. If you use a taxidermist other than Florida Trophy Gators inc. they still provide taxidermy preparation for an additional cost.
- Ice is only available at our Lakeport and Lorida locations.
- We recommend a 40-60 qt cooler when it comes to transporting your meat and at least two bags of ice.
- Never put meat in plastic bags or leave it in a hot car.
- If you would like your alligator meat packaged pretty like what you would find in a grocery store visit our butchers page for an extensive list of butchers who offer professional alligator meat processing.
- Meat not taken will be donated to local food programs.
- We guarantee each hunter will see and have the opportunity to hunt an alligator in the size range they reserved.
- Our per hunter rate includes the harvest of one alligator.
- Our Guarantee policy does not apply to poor shots. Your guide will make every attempt to retrieve an animal that was shot at and wounded.
- If you wish to change or cancel your booking, you must notify us by calling 863-866-7667 at least 24 hours prior to your experience.
- Reservation deposits are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your experience your reservation deposit will be treated as a credit on your account and will expire one year from the cancellation date. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
- Credit can only be applied to reservation deposits and not a balance due.
- If one or more, but not all, of the members of your booking group cancel, no allowance or refund will be made for any part of your booking not used or taken. The reservation deposit from the canceled member of your booking group cannot be used as credit towards the balance due. The spot can be filled by another person or remain as credit on the lead name’s account and expires one year from the date issued.