Wild Hog Hunt7 Days a Week, Year-round
- Private Guide
- Skinning & Quartering
- Loaner Weapons
- Swamp Buggy
- One Wild Hog Guaranteed
Friends and family can watch for $30!
Bring your friends and family along to participate in the excitement of your wild hog hunt as “non-hunters” for only $30 per person. Non-hunters get to ride on the swamp buggy, take photos, and be part of your adventure—they just don’t hunt anything!
Why Hunt with Us
Family owned and operated Since 1985, Ron’s Guide Service is the top choice among hunters new and old when it comes to planning an exciting wild boar hunt, commonly known as “hog hunting”.
No Hidden Fees
Three Exciting Styles
Choose from daytime buggy hunt with dogs, nighttime buggy hunt with dogs, or nighttime infrared hunt—all for one low price!
Daytime Swamp Buggy with Dogs
Nighttime Swamp Buggy with Dogs
Get hands-on attention from your experienced guide as he assists you in every aspect of your private wild hog hunt. Beginners, experienced, kids, grandpas—everyone is welcome!
Skinning & Quartering
Watch in awe as your guide skins and quarters your hog in minutes after your hunt. Head home with a cooler full of meat and memories that will last long after your freezer has emptied!
Choose from a variety of weapons perfect for hog hunting. All of our weapons are kept on-site for easy weapon selection on the day of your hog hunt.
Climb aboard our swamp buggy—loved by kids and adults of all ages and perfect for guests with mobility issues. Each buggy accommodates eight passengers.
No Trophy Fees
Many outfitters separate hogs into two price groups. “meat hogs” and “trophy boar”. In the event your hog has tusks you will not be charged additional fees. Hunters can spend hundreds of dollars for a guaranteed “trophy boar” which usually consists of placing an already captured boar with tusks into a field. Most hunters say a qualified “trophy boar” has tusks that measure from two to four inches beyond the lower lip line. Currently, there is no official way to rank “trophy boar”. We can’t guarantee you a certain size or gender of a hog—or if it will have tusks. If you are looking for something specific—then we are not the right guide service for you. Look for outfitters that specifically offer “trophy” hunts or a fixed size weight range.
Attention picky hunters…
We try to allow some discretion when it comes to not hunting the first hog you see—however, we cannot keep passing on multiple hogs because you want a hog that is a specific size, color, sex, or has tusks. If you are concerned about size—we do not allow hunting of small hogs which are less than 15 inches high at the shoulder. Most of our kills run in the 90 to 175 pound range.
Endless Weapon Choices
Rifles, and bows, and spears, OH MY! All perfect for hog hunting!
Make us part of your vacation! Our wild hog hunting is only a short drive from popular Florida destinations such as Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and the Walt Disney World Resort.
Lakeport, Florida is a small town located near the western shore of Lake Okeechobee. Our Lakeport hunting property is roughly 2,000 acres and features resort style lodging, home-cooked meals, on-site professional butchering, and a shipping center.
Lorida, Florida contains numerous fish camps and lodges on the north and east shore of Lake Istokpoga. Our Lorida hunting property is roughly 4,000 acres and features resort style lodging, home-cooked meals, on-site professional butchering, and a shipping center.
In Venus, the only sounds are the wind rustling through the pines and the singing of birds. Our Venus, Florida hunting property is roughly 350 acres. Property features resort style lodging, home-cooked meals, modern barn with waiting room.
The Best Properties
Our wild hog hunts are conducted on active cattle ranches in Okeechobee, Lakeport, Lorida, and Venus, Florida. These private properties range from 350 to 4,000 acres. Due to the size of these properties our guides pre-scout for high hog activity prior to your arrival. Parts of the property with a large concentration of wild hogs are sectioned off into smaller areas to save you time and guarantee your success.
Into the Wild
Terrain consists of farmlands, open prairies, and palmetto thickets which are prime wild hog habitat. The wild hogs you will hunt are derelict trespass animals.
No High Fences
Wild hogs do a great deal of damage to net wire fences which are generally used to confine cattle, deer, and goats. Wild hogs tear through fences and can lift them up off the ground to gain access. Wild hogs can also jump over fences less than 3 feet high—pigs can fly! Chain link fences or heavy-gauge hog wire buried at least 12 inches under the ground with heavy supports and posts, and various types of mesh or multi-stranded electric fencing are the only way to prevent wild hogs from coming onto the property—which we do not have.
According to Florida property law, Florida is a “closed range” state and has strict liability for trespassing livestock. The properties we hunt on are active cattle ranches and property owners may be civilly or criminally liable for animals that stray onto public roads which is why you may see fences or gates. These fences or gates are not capable of containing wild hogs. While Ron’s Guide Service understands the need for a wild experience—the idea of being able to hunt in an open area without any fencing is legally not possible—so please be realistic when it comes to your idea of what “wild” is.
Check availability and book online now! Instant confirmation!
Check availability and book online now! Instant confirmation!
Know Before You Go
We’re looking forward to your visit at Ron’s Guide Service. Please read through this important and helpful information about your experience, including arrival times, what to bring, and more.
- Hunters must be at least six years old.
- Non-hunters must be at least three years old.
- Guests under age 16 years must be accompanied by a person age 18 years or older.
- Helpful services and access options are available for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Guests should be in good health. Some experiences may not be appropriate for guests with health conditions.
Booking Your Experience
- Every guest must be reserved prior to arrival.
- Use our easy online booking system or call us at 863-866-7667 to submit your reservation deposit.
- We accept all major credit cards for reservation deposits.
- Reservations are not confirmed until a reservation deposit has been paid.
- If time allows, We are happy to accept last minute reservations. Please call us for reservations less than 24 hours in advance.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email with important details about your experience once your reservation deposit is made.
Choosing a Date
- We offer daytime and nighttime wild hog hunting seven days a week, year-round.
- Many of our experiences sell out during winter holidays and spring break.
- Daytime Swamp Buggy Hunt with Dogs: 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 4 PM
- Nighttime Swamp Buggy Hunt with Dogs: 8 PM
- Nighttime Infrared Hunt: 8 PM
- Due to the nature of hunting we can’t precisely know how long your experience will last.
- Our daytime swamp buggy hunt with dogs typically lasts 1 to 3 hours.
- Our nighttime buggy hunt with dogs and our nighttime infrared hunt are more challenging and can last up to 8 hours.
- Your hunt is over once every hunter in your party has had the opportunity to hunt wild hogs.
- Private guide.
- Skinning & quartering.
- Loaner weapons.
- Swamp buggy.
What's NOT Included
- Gratuities. If you would like to tip your guide most tips range from 10-20% of the price of the service provided.
- Ammunition. Ammunition is available for loan or purchase at the hunting meeting location.
- Professional meat processing.
- Shipping services.
What to Bring
- Your balance due in cash.
- A 40 qt cooler or larger.
- Ice (two standard size bags).
- Drinking water.
- Bug repellant.
- Weapons (If you are not borrowing any of ours).
What to Wear
- Comfortable shirt.
- Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or boots.
- Camouflage is welcome, but not necessary.
The Day of Your Experience
- Each location is different so it is important to follow any special directions provided in your booking confirmation email.
- All guests are required to sign a standard hunting waiver upon arrival.
- Hunt occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning.
- Please leave rude behavior at home. If any of our staff feels you are being disruptive or disrespectful you will be asked to leave.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed to be consumed on or prior to your hunt. If you are unable to come sober, please don’t come.
- Hunters will be able to sight in weapons at the hunting meeting location.
After Your Experience
- Your guide will skin and quarter your wild hog shortly after your hunt.
- To prevent your meat from spoiling you must arrive to your hunt with a cooler and ice.
- Ice is only available at our Lakeport and Lorida locations.
- We recommend a 40-60 qt cooler when it comes to transporting your meat and at least two bags of ice.
- Never put meat in plastic bags or leave it in a hot car.
- If you would like your wild hog meat made into sausages or packaged pretty like what you would find in a grocery store visit our butchers page for an extensive list of butchers who offer professional wild hog meat processing.
- On-site professional butchering and shipping services are available at our Lakeport and Lorida locations and start at $125 per hog.
- Meat not taken will be donated to local food programs. Hides and remains of carcasses go in the deep freeze for the alligators.
- We guarantee each hunter will see and have the opportunity to hunt wild hogs.
- Our $275 rate includes the harvest of one wild hog.
- Our Guarantee policy does not apply to poor shots. Your guide will make every attempt to retrieve an animal that was shot at and wounded.
- If you wish to change or cancel your booking, you must notify us by calling 863-866-7667 at least 24 hours prior to your experience.
- Reservation deposits are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your experience your reservation deposit will be treated as a credit on your account and will expire one year from the cancellation date. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
- Credit can only be applied to reservation deposits and not a balance due.
- If one or more, but not all, of the members of your booking group cancel, no allowance or refund will be made for any part of your booking not used or taken. The reservation deposit from the canceled member of your booking group cannot be used as credit towards the balance due. The spot can be filled by another person or remain as credit on the lead name’s account and expires one year from the date issued.