Florida Freshwater Fishing
Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, and Black Crappie
Includes Guide, Tackle, and fully equipped bass boat!
Half Day4 Hours
Fully Day8 Hours
Our Florida freshwater fishing experience includes a private guide, tackle, and a fully equipped bass boat that can hold up to three passengers. We fish on beautiful Lake Okeechobee, which is the second largest lake in the United States and home to an abundance of Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, and Black Crappie. We offer four hour and eight hour daytime trips, seven days a week, year-round. A non-resident or resident Florida Freshwater Fishing License is required to fish. The license is issued instantly, visit our licenses page for more details.
There is so much to learn about freshwater fishing in Florida, especially for first-time anglers! We recommend you read this entire page for the most detailed information. You can also use the “page shortcuts” to find what you’re looking for faster! If you need help or have questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
See ya soon!
Learn tips and tricks for reeling in a “big one” from your private fishing guide.
Your experience includes rods, reels, and artificial lures.
Cruise prime fishing spots in a fully equipped bass boat.
Keep your grip tight as you reel in a heavy fighter on an exciting Largemouth Bass fishing trip on Lake Okeechobee.
Reel in some classic American fun fishing for spunky Bluegill on “The Big O.”
Redear Sunfish (Shellcracker)
Create lifelong memories the old-fashioned way fishing for this 16.3 million-year-old species.
Black Crappie (Speck)
Lure in the fun—and hopefully some dinner—fishing for Black Crappie.
Marvel at the size of Lake Okeechobee, Florida’s largest lake and the second largest body of freshwater in the contiguous United States. The word Okeechobee comes from the Seminole Indian language “Oki” (water) and “Chubi” (big) and means “big water.” The vast surface area (730 mi²), shallowness (averaging only nine feet deep), and water temperature make the perfect living and spawning conditions for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, and Crappie.
Okeechobee, FL 34974
Why Book with RGS?
Over 30 Years of Fishing
Ron’s Guide Service works only with the most experienced fishing captains in Florida who know the lake like a dog knows fleas! We are proud to have anglers from all over the world fish with us for over 30 years.
Feel safe! We work only with guides that are friendly, reputable, and meet our quality standards. We pre-vet them all to make sure you always have an exceptional experience.
No Hidden Fees
Our transparent pricing lets you know what’s included in your experience—and what isn’t. When it comes to the outdoors there are enough surprises creeping up on you—hidden fees shouldn’t be one of them!
Know Before You Go
We’re looking forward to your visit at Ron’s Guide Service. Please read through this important and helpful information about your experience, including arrival times, what to bring, and more.
- Every guest must have a Florida Freshwater Fishing License. Some exemptions apply. Visit our licenses page for more details.
- All ages welcome.
- Guests under age 16 years must be accompanied by a person age 18 years or older.
- Helpful services and access options are available for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Guests should be in good health. Some experiences may not be appropriate for guests with health conditions.
Booking Your Experience
- Every guest must be reserved prior to arrival.
- Use our easy online booking system or call us at 863-866-7667 to submit your reservation deposit.
- We accept all major credit cards for reservation deposits.
- Reservations are not confirmed until a reservation deposit has been paid.
- If time allows, We are happy to accept last minute reservations. Please call us for reservations less than 24 hours in advance.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email with important details about your experience once your reservation deposit is made.
Choosing a Date
- We offer freshwater fishing seven days a week, year-round.
- Many of our experiences sell out during winter holidays and spring break.
- Half day freshwater fishing: 7 AM, 2 PM
- Full day freshwater fishing: 7 AM
- Our half day freshwater fishing experience lasts 4 hours.
- Our full day freshwater fishing experience lasts 8 hours.
- Private guide.
- Bass boat.
What's NOT Included
- Florida Freshwater Fishing License. Visit our licenses page for more details.
- Gratuities. If you would like to tip your guide most tips range from 10% to 20% of the price of the service provided.
- Live bait. Live bait is available for purchase at the fishing meeting location.
- Fish cleaning.
- Shipping services.
What to Bring
- Florida Freshwater Fishing License.
- Your balance due in cash.
- A 40 qt cooler or larger (if you plan on taking any fish).
- Ice (two standard size bags).
- Drinking water.
- Bug repellant.
- Tackle (If you are not borrowing any of ours).
What to Wear
- Shorts or pants.
- Comfortable shirt.
- Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or boots.
The Day of Your Experience
- Fishing occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning.
- Please leave rude behavior at home. If any of our staff feels you are being disruptive or disrespectful, you will be asked to leave.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed to be consumed on or prior to your experience. If you are unable to come sober, please don’t come.
- We cannot guarantee that you will see or catch fish.
- If you wish to change or cancel your booking, you must notify us by calling 863-866-7667 at least 24 hours prior to your experience.
- Reservation deposits are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your experience your reservation deposit will be treated as a credit on your account and will expire one year from the cancellation date. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
- Credit can only be applied to reservation deposits and not a balance due.
- If one or more, but not all, of the members of your booking group cancel, no allowance or refund will be made for any part of your booking not used or taken. The reservation deposit from the canceled member of your booking group cannot be used as credit towards the balance due. The spot can be filled by another person or remain as credit on the lead name’s account and expires one year from the date issued.